The Sardinia Symposia were established in 1987 and rapidly became the Reference Forum in the field of Waste Management for the international community, where state of the art concepts, strategies and technologies are presented and experiences shared by leading scientists, administrators and practitioners. The Symposia favoured the development of innovation in the field: all new ideas and approaches applied worldwide in the last two decades were thoroughly debated and reviewed during the numerous workshop sessions in the Symposia, some of them purposely organized in cooperation with IWWG Task Groups.
The 17th edition of the Sardinia Symposium was held in the traditional setting of the Forte Village Resort in Santa Margherita di Pula (Cagliari) from 30th September to 4th October 2019. The event was attended by 675 participants (researchers, technicians, administrators and operators) with the presentation of 583 scientific papers, selected according to quality by the Scientific Secretariat from over 850 offers of papers.
The great success of the Sardinia Symposium is due to:
- An increasing number of young scientists is taking part in this event, acknowledging it as an important opportunity for scientific networking and debate
- Attendance is largely international with more than 70 countries represented from all continents
- Consistent participation of affirmed scientists
- High-level scientific content supported by innovation and creativity
- A venue, a setting, a natural environment, a hotel complex, a social programme that render the socialization and professional and scientific networking simply unique
- Category →